This Feels Right (Write)

It's the day after Christmas and in the dark silence of my house early this morning, I feel serene. Back at my desk, letting my fingers speed away at the keys, it feels good. Back looking around as I type, bible open, candle burning, songs of praise dancing in my head. Upstairs my family sleeps and I am here at my kitchen desk. I have set the day in motion with prayer and I'm thankful to give God praise this morning and to be writing again. It seems like after Christmas, at least for my family, there's a certain stillness that sets over our home for a few days until we approach the new year. It's as if there's been such a work up to Christmas that immediately, the day after life just takes a breath. Well, in my exhale breath, I am back writing. Back giving God praise while I write and sharing it with you. This feels right. I feel like I've found a zest to spring me into the new year. 

Soon school will start again, the family business will start again and the hoop, holla, and lull of the holidays will be frisked away by busyness, banter, and business as usual. As I look around the room I can she myself in the days ahead carefully putting away all things Christmas and anticipating the new year. I've come away from resolutions in my past years, not because I don't believe in them, but because I believe 365 days in a year holds many opportunities to plan, prepare, and proceed after your goals. Well these last 365 days are wrapping up and my heart is filled with joy and gratefulness to God to have found my place back with Him in the quiet early mornings of my life. 

I forgot what an escape it was and how it felt to just type away the beauty of what he places on my heart to share with you. I encourage you to identify what feels right as this year wraps up. What feels right to your body, for you family, in your faith journey, to your soul and in your life. The dictionary defines "right" as what is morally good, justified, or acceptable. I like that the Bible adds "The precepts of the Lord are right giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant giving light to the eyes" (Ps. 19:8). I missed my mornings with Jesus, studying, praying, singing, dancing, writing. That scripture reminds me that what He says lifts us up and guides us. In this moment I thank Him for guiding me back to my time with Him. This feels right. :-)

Comments