What Are You Waiting For?

As the new year starts and rolls along, I believe a great topic to explore is that ever troublesome "p" word, procrastination. Have you ever viewed procrastination from the lens of disobedience and unfruitfulness? 

I came across a reading recently that challenged me in a way that made me confront my thinking around things I had begun is years past that God placed on my heart that I now give little to no attention to. It was one of those moments when I had a back and forth conversation with God and had to accept somethings about my behavior and make a honest decision moving forward. 

Procrastination is an attribute we are all too familiar with. Whether you procrastinate on a small or large scale, according to Ecclesiates 11:4 (NCV) there is danger is standing still. This scripture tells us that if we wait we will never plant. If we consider all the ways something could go wrong we will never see a harvest. We are meant to bear fruit and that fruit is to remain. I believe God has placed "something to do" on all our hearts and I'm hoping you are reading this realizing just like I did that its time to MOVE. What are you waiting for in the things and actions God has called you to take? Should you be leading a ministry? Forgiving a loved one or friend? Joining a church? Praying more? Or taking a leap of faith in an unfamiliar area? No matter what it is, we tend to wait and stand still because we feel we just aren't ready or a better less stressful time would be more agreeable for what are hearts are set out to do. My friend I want you to know the "perfect" time usually never comes. Can you recall the many stories in the Bible where different ones were called and chosen and the conditions were unstable and unclear? What did they do? How did it turn out?

Even in the midst of confusion and stress, we are still called to obedience. The conditions of life do not negate the mandate to live unto obedience and fruitfulness in the Lord because our life is not our own. Things may be strained or un perfect, but start anyway. Set out to do what God is pulling on your heart to do anyway. There is much work to be done in the Kingdom and it takes God's people heeding the calls He places in us. He is God of abundance. I encourage you to be obedient and plant seeds no matter the amount of adverse weather and storm clouds in life so you can reap a harvest and those around you. Actions you take today effect those around you and even generations to come. Someone's breakthrough is waiting on your obedience and many times our own deliverance as well. The God of abundance will honor your obedience and bless you. 

Be encouraged to step out today. I'm taking the journey with you. :-)

Comments