Wait on the Lord...Again I say Wait.

Raise your hand if you're in a waiting season right now. Whether its something you believe God for in your family, marriage, relationships, parenting, health, etc. I believe many of you are raising your hand right now. Well, you are not alone and I hope this post encourages you to continue to stand on the word of God and the promise that God knows when in all things and He has not forgotten about you or me. 
Let me share with you what came to mind this morning as I declared to the Lord my love for him and my desire to truly wait on him.

I can recall about 6 years ago I attended a wedding and it was a beautiful ceremony, breathtaking. The church wasn't super or lavishly decorated and because of all the love in the room it didn't need to be. I remember the crowd being manageable and what made the ceremony truly beautiful is what I witnessed. The bride and groom looked in one another's eyes as if that day was the first time they were seeing one another and it looked as if they were falling in love all over again. As I sat there I remember the words of both their vows echoing being thankful that God answered their prayers for one another and how they felt so blessed to have waited on God and been given a chance to love again. They both had a history of a previous relationship that ended and both desired for the Lord to bless them with a mate again and love again. I'm not sure how long they had individually been waiting to find one another and or what their wait journeys looked like. However, there was a mutual feeling of "the Lord did this for us and we are so grateful our waiting wasn't in vain". As they said those words to one another I felt every ounce of joy and gladness they expressed as many tears of happiness escaped both their eyes. It was truly a blissful moment. It was a testimony. It was a declaration of God's goodness and I wonder if anyone else there realized the beautiful story of God's promises unfolding in that moment. 

I believe I remembered that today because I needed to feel that inside. I needed to relive the joy and peace of that moment as encouragement to continue to wait on God and to wait well. As we wait, we sometimes become anxious, are troubled with sadness, experience depression, and just feel hidden. Lord its in these moments I thank you that as we call out to you, you give us reminders of how dearly you love us and that you want us to lift our heads in hope. It's simply not time yet for many things, but that doesn't mean they aren't coming. We serve a God of abundance and he loves to bless us.

It sounds like a cliche statement and it may not feel like enough, but we truly have to trust God. God is enough. Along with your trust, wait well. It's important to wait well because a bad attitude will produce doubt, bitterness, and anger. A bad attitude will also cause you to become restless and attempt to "fix" things on your own. I'm sure there are at least two situations in each one of our lives right now that you simply can not do alone. Put you faith to work and let God do it. God has the full plan and its simply not easy not knowing what God knows, but we have his promises and we have his peace when we stay focused on him. the Bible has also told us that those who doubt should not expect anything from God. Doubt is danger. Stay away from it and don't feed it. When doubt comes knocking, fear and anxiety, answer with FAITH. 

If you take nothing else from this post, I want to encourage you not to give up. The enemy would love nothing more than for you to go backwards and end up in even more frustration and strife. It's in strife and frustration that the heart sinks into sin and in those moments the enemy wins. The enemy has already been defeated so even though we don't understand everything in our walk with Christ and we're waiting on God in hope, we must remain active in faith and steadfast against the pull of what is opposing to God. Non belief is opposing to God. Giving up is opposing to God. A doubtful negative mindset is in opposition to God and his will for your life. Lift your heart to Jesus and let him comfort you. Keep your mind on him so you will stay in his peace that surpasses all understanding. Let the Lord show you what he would have you focus on in the mean time while you wait with good courage. Courage is doing what's right in the midst of fear and uncertainty even though its tough. You can be bold in your wait journey. Remember the righteous are as bold as a lion ( Prov. 28:1) and as we live for Christ we have been called the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. 
Be encouraged. If you desire prayer you can email me .

Comments