Maybe You Need Me...What About Me?

I love connecting with people and talking about their everyday life experiences. We are all alive so its something we all deal with and go through and face. I can only imagine some of the battles that people face daily in different situations. We all walk different walks of life and no ones experience through one thing is the same as someone else's because each person is different.

I don't have to tell you life is rough and if you told me that I'd say "I hear ya". Whenever you talk about life with someone you can go on and on for hours sharing stories back and forth for what seems like an endless amount of time.

What are you currently facing? How are you getting through it? How does it make you feel? Are you sleeping at night? Are you eating? Are you feeling your best or do you feel as if you're at the end of your rope everyday? Do you awake some days and wonder how you even made it past the last day?  

Last question: Have you tried God?

I was listening to a song called "What About Me" by Jessica Reedy and knew I wanted to write a post on the content of the song. Now that was several weeks ago, and I hear the song a few times a week on my Pandora gospel station. However, on today when I heard it I said to myself I'm writing this post today. I feel strongly that this post will speak to someone and be the encouragement that is needed. 

The song lyrics speak on being alone and taking your problems to people who aren't much help and loved ones not being around while friends turn their backs on you and everything is going downhill. The song also talks about your love life being a disappointment and not even wondering why. As the song reaches the chorus and its asking "What about me? What about me?", I can vividly see a picture in my mind of a person troubled in life looking for answers and finding them no where. I think about how when we go through we are so quick to react instead of praying and believing in God. We are alive today because God has continually provided for us, but sometimes in the midst of the heavy weight of a storm, we lose sight of the mighty things God has done for us and will continue to do if we trust him.

I know our natural reaction is to talk to those around us but this song goes a step further to me. The message is saying after you take your problems to everyone and find no answers and you keep trying your way getting no results not realizing you cant do this on your own, what about God? I can imagine God just longing to be all we need and to be close to us as he sees us cry night after night while trying to subdue our frustration time and time again with things that aren't good for us. We do all of that and it only makes us more troubled and frustrated. God is asking what about me? God is asking when will you see how much I care for you and that I can be all you need? God desires to be there for us and for us to know a life of freedom and peace in him. Jesus died for the suffering and pain we experience and God is saying you don't have to live like this. Being trapped in fear and confusion doesn't have to be. 

This is a very personal message for me because in my walk with God I desire to consider him in every aspect of my life. He created me and knows all about me. I want to fully trust him and allow him to do a wondrous work in my life. Whenever life gets me, I stop and think have I given this to God? Am I trying to do too much on my own only to keep failing? Sometimes I must admit I ask this question too late. This is where I must continually grow.  I want to consider God first before I say something I'm not supposed to against someone I love or do something I will regret.  So with all that you're going through and everything that's going on in your world and in your life, I'd like to ask you... have you tried God? 

Comments