Getting FIT with God.
Hello and great day to you. February seemed to have gotten here very quickly.
Happy early LOVE day to all of you. ;-)
Today I wanted to share a short post on including God in your fitness. God can help in all areas of our life. He desires to have the daily communication with us as his children for us to pull on him, confide in him, and trust in him. Well, you can combine your faith with your fitness life. There is a certain joy in placing all the cares of you life before Him and listening for his wisdom and direction. Below I share some of the things I've done fitness wise combining my faith and prayer.
Work out to Gospel Music
So I have a certain playlist of work out music on my phone and I use Pandora. I call the playlist Sweat and Burn and it typically gets the job done. Its a mixture of R&B, light rap, feel good 90's music, some old skool juke box joints and a lil Motown. I don't think I had ever thought of listening to gospel music while working out. I have several songs I listen to in the shower in the am while getting ready for the day. Its my "Getting in tune with God jam session get the day started music". So one day I'm on the elliptical and I go to that playlist of gospel jams and the workout went smooth! Amazing! I wasn't interrupted by thoughts of wanting to quit and I felt empowered. Just an amazing workout and pouring out of the soul as I worshiped and burned calories. It truly felt good and has given my workouts an extra kick many days. All kinds of music work with working out; I just enjoyed worshiping and working out and I'm glad I tried something new. The next time you work out especially if you are on the treadmill try an oldie but a goodie like "Work it Out" by Charles G. Hayes & Warriors. There's even a remix that is also enjoyable.
Pray While Getting Fit
Years ago my church did a 90 day whole heart challenge where we were supposed to spend 30 minutes a day working out and praying for others. This challenge was great for me because I was doing a lot of walking and instead of music I would pray the entire time I walked. Now that the challenge is over I still pray while working out especially doing sit ups and its a very intimate conversation between God and I. I find that I feel myself pouring out to God on a different level of intimacy If that makes sense and it feels beautiful.
God's Help with a Meal Plan
Some of us diet or fast or do limited portions and other practices related to what we choose to eat. I found myself during a fast or if I was just eliminating sugar and bread from my food choices for a certain amount of time; praying about my food choices and asking God to strengthen me as I stay with my goal. A friend of mine a long time ago introduced me to talking to God about even the small stuff in life. She mentioned she even prays and asks for direction on what to buy in the grocery store when undecided. I adopted that practice a while back and I continue today. I felt strange at first, but I have become comfortable with "talking it out" with God no matter the issue big or small. Some mornings I find myself saying "Lord I'm running late what is something tasty and healthy that I can eat"? Hey....it works for me. I just want you to be encouraged because God can help you with that new way of eating you are trying. Tell him your desires and let him guide you. We can do all things through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so why not let God in areas of your life where you need his strength, power and presence? I believe there's a true freedom and sense of refreshing when we hold nothing from God in life.
Id love to hear about your experience if you choose to incorporate any of these ideas into your fitness life.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Be encouraged and talk with God in all areas of your life for he is all knowing and always there as a help and guide. Trust his plan.
Today I wanted to share a short post on including God in your fitness. God can help in all areas of our life. He desires to have the daily communication with us as his children for us to pull on him, confide in him, and trust in him. Well, you can combine your faith with your fitness life. There is a certain joy in placing all the cares of you life before Him and listening for his wisdom and direction. Below I share some of the things I've done fitness wise combining my faith and prayer.
Work out to Gospel Music
So I have a certain playlist of work out music on my phone and I use Pandora. I call the playlist Sweat and Burn and it typically gets the job done. Its a mixture of R&B, light rap, feel good 90's music, some old skool juke box joints and a lil Motown. I don't think I had ever thought of listening to gospel music while working out. I have several songs I listen to in the shower in the am while getting ready for the day. Its my "Getting in tune with God jam session get the day started music". So one day I'm on the elliptical and I go to that playlist of gospel jams and the workout went smooth! Amazing! I wasn't interrupted by thoughts of wanting to quit and I felt empowered. Just an amazing workout and pouring out of the soul as I worshiped and burned calories. It truly felt good and has given my workouts an extra kick many days. All kinds of music work with working out; I just enjoyed worshiping and working out and I'm glad I tried something new. The next time you work out especially if you are on the treadmill try an oldie but a goodie like "Work it Out" by Charles G. Hayes & Warriors. There's even a remix that is also enjoyable.
Pray While Getting Fit
Years ago my church did a 90 day whole heart challenge where we were supposed to spend 30 minutes a day working out and praying for others. This challenge was great for me because I was doing a lot of walking and instead of music I would pray the entire time I walked. Now that the challenge is over I still pray while working out especially doing sit ups and its a very intimate conversation between God and I. I find that I feel myself pouring out to God on a different level of intimacy If that makes sense and it feels beautiful.
God's Help with a Meal Plan
Some of us diet or fast or do limited portions and other practices related to what we choose to eat. I found myself during a fast or if I was just eliminating sugar and bread from my food choices for a certain amount of time; praying about my food choices and asking God to strengthen me as I stay with my goal. A friend of mine a long time ago introduced me to talking to God about even the small stuff in life. She mentioned she even prays and asks for direction on what to buy in the grocery store when undecided. I adopted that practice a while back and I continue today. I felt strange at first, but I have become comfortable with "talking it out" with God no matter the issue big or small. Some mornings I find myself saying "Lord I'm running late what is something tasty and healthy that I can eat"? Hey....it works for me. I just want you to be encouraged because God can help you with that new way of eating you are trying. Tell him your desires and let him guide you. We can do all things through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so why not let God in areas of your life where you need his strength, power and presence? I believe there's a true freedom and sense of refreshing when we hold nothing from God in life.
Id love to hear about your experience if you choose to incorporate any of these ideas into your fitness life.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Be encouraged and talk with God in all areas of your life for he is all knowing and always there as a help and guide. Trust his plan.
Great stuff sis. Don't stop sharing. The contents of all this may one day be a book.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Jesse. Thanks so much and praise God. A book would be fun. Stay tuned.
ReplyDelete