Well hello there 2019! :-)
Welcome to my first post of 2019. I wanted to share a little positivity and of course ENCOURAGEMENT for the new year. :-)
I"m not sure how many of you make new years resolutions and new year promises for your lives, but I wish you well in all your 2019 plans. The encouragement I wanted to share comes from a sermon that was taught at my former church years ago and it was simply titled "Its Over".
As you begin the new year, remember 2018 is over. Last year has ended. All the situations, circumstances, fights. lies, confusion, dishonesty to yourself and others, miscommunication, broken relationships, depression, low self esteem, no job, no money, not meeting your fitness goals...must I say more? Its ALL over! The new year certainly doesn't promise to be trouble free, I am simply saying all you went through last year is in the past and its time to move past it. Take on a new mindset to have a better year. 2018 presented its issues and I'm glad to say we all made it. When it comes to the things of last year, focus on continuing to grow and know that you are better than what you've been through. It's old...so don't re live it, think about it, or let it define your 2019 or the years after that for that matter. You want to do better and you want better for yourself and your family and loved ones. I know you do.
I pray that you find that strength given by God that is renewed inside all of us every morning and with every breath we take. Many didn't make it last year and many didn't see 2019. Not making it doesn't always mean death either. I'm sure we all know someone who lost their mind, their courage, and themselves in the shuffle of 2018. I'm a believer every day you breath again is a chance to do something greater and better and to change your life to feel like you've never felt. The past is so hurting for many of us and it immobilizes you. The sermon also talked about "getting up" and not carrying what used to weigh you down and excuses we sometimes hold because we are afraid of the unknown and feel we don't deserve better. Let 2018 go. Get up and wake up in your mind, heart, body and soul and begin 2019 knowing it doesn't have to be like 2018. Do something different to not get what you once got. There is a power inside of all of us and everyday is a day to use it. Go after what you desire. Start with being honest with yourself and put yourself around people who support your goals and want to see you succeed. Believe in yourself when others don't and share your desires with God.
Be encouraged!
Isaiah 43 18-19 ESV “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
I"m not sure how many of you make new years resolutions and new year promises for your lives, but I wish you well in all your 2019 plans. The encouragement I wanted to share comes from a sermon that was taught at my former church years ago and it was simply titled "Its Over".
As you begin the new year, remember 2018 is over. Last year has ended. All the situations, circumstances, fights. lies, confusion, dishonesty to yourself and others, miscommunication, broken relationships, depression, low self esteem, no job, no money, not meeting your fitness goals...must I say more? Its ALL over! The new year certainly doesn't promise to be trouble free, I am simply saying all you went through last year is in the past and its time to move past it. Take on a new mindset to have a better year. 2018 presented its issues and I'm glad to say we all made it. When it comes to the things of last year, focus on continuing to grow and know that you are better than what you've been through. It's old...so don't re live it, think about it, or let it define your 2019 or the years after that for that matter. You want to do better and you want better for yourself and your family and loved ones. I know you do.
I pray that you find that strength given by God that is renewed inside all of us every morning and with every breath we take. Many didn't make it last year and many didn't see 2019. Not making it doesn't always mean death either. I'm sure we all know someone who lost their mind, their courage, and themselves in the shuffle of 2018. I'm a believer every day you breath again is a chance to do something greater and better and to change your life to feel like you've never felt. The past is so hurting for many of us and it immobilizes you. The sermon also talked about "getting up" and not carrying what used to weigh you down and excuses we sometimes hold because we are afraid of the unknown and feel we don't deserve better. Let 2018 go. Get up and wake up in your mind, heart, body and soul and begin 2019 knowing it doesn't have to be like 2018. Do something different to not get what you once got. There is a power inside of all of us and everyday is a day to use it. Go after what you desire. Start with being honest with yourself and put yourself around people who support your goals and want to see you succeed. Believe in yourself when others don't and share your desires with God.
Be encouraged!
Comments
Post a Comment