What God's Strength Means for YOU.
Grace and Peace to you on this Thursday.
Scripture Reference: The lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts and I am helped.
Psalm 28:7
Scripture Reference: The lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts and I am helped.
Psalm 28:7
This post has been sitting as a draft for a while now and I believe God had a little more of Him to download into me to share and pour out in this post.
I feel this is a very simplified way of stating it, but God's strength means you don't have to go through life alone. Just really let that sink in and I hope you feel God's presence as you start to feel in your heart what that means for you. If you have to I want you to literally picture yourself walking on a path in life and you can see all that's ahead...good days, bad days, disappointment, regret, joy, sorrow etc... I immediately would want to stop and my face expression would be that of concern. However, walking beside you is Jesus holding your hand and as you see with your natural eyes all that's ahead, Jesus calls your name as your walking. In that moment, your awareness is brought back to you and Him walking together and your focus shifts to "I am not alone". That there returns my breath back to normal and my chest doesn't feel as heavy. So today if you get nothing else I would like for you to come away from this post knowing you are not alone. Nothing catches God by surprise and he's here and with you for all of it. Will you let him be all you need today? There's a special freedom that is burden lifting when we come to know that our battles that toss us to and fro belong to the Lord.
This post makes me think of my youngest son and the current homework phase we are in. When it comes to writing sentences he tends to gravitate towards "baby" sentences because he doesn't want the challenge of spelling big words or hard words as he calls it. My husband and I are currently trying to help him grasp the concept of not feeling alone in homework because he has us to help. I remember the first day I explained this to him I just knew it would calm him down, but it took him a few days to understand just what him not doing homework alone and having a helper meant. He now asks, "Can you help me with this?" Its with great confidence that I say God is waiting for us to do just the same with the recurring troubles and seemingly impossible things we face.
This post makes me think of my youngest son and the current homework phase we are in. When it comes to writing sentences he tends to gravitate towards "baby" sentences because he doesn't want the challenge of spelling big words or hard words as he calls it. My husband and I are currently trying to help him grasp the concept of not feeling alone in homework because he has us to help. I remember the first day I explained this to him I just knew it would calm him down, but it took him a few days to understand just what him not doing homework alone and having a helper meant. He now asks, "Can you help me with this?" Its with great confidence that I say God is waiting for us to do just the same with the recurring troubles and seemingly impossible things we face.
God chose us as his people therefore entering into a commitment and responsibility for us. We must intern accept all God is to us to fully live in him and the peace that he gives in our continual relationship with him. God's word says he will never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5) and some days when I feel super overwhelmed I just pause and tell God I need him and repeat that scripture to him. God is not a man that he should lie and his word will never return void. As his children that trust him we must stay in intentional contact with him and also believe his word. God's word is his promises and his promises are rich.
Be encouraged.
Be encouraged.
Comments
Post a Comment