Are You In Your Own Way? 5 Ways to Help you Step Aside.
In the midst of life you will encounter times where that goal you were reaching for you keeps coming up short or no matter how well you plan or have your heart set on something, its just not coming to pass. Sometimes you have the best intentions but the bottom still kinda falls out and you are left trying to put your finger on what exactly happened and why. Have you ever considered its you? You keep getting in your own way. It happens to many of us until we realize our mishaps and move forward. Its hard to think of yourself as your own villain. You can be your worst critic and can really stunt your own growth. I've put together 5 ways to combat this invisible, silent villain that seems to step in the way of things along with suggested scripture references.
1) Doubt is a Dream Crusher
I don't care how many times you failed or if you feel you cant do it. If you hold onto doubt, it will stop you in the tracks of your dreams every time. Most of the time doubt is fear for many of us and we cant seem to quiet that fear so we don't branch out. I pray good courage and strength over your lives because its not easy to overcome doubt. What your mind is replaying over and over keeps you in a box of why this wont work or why this will never happen. My mother used to say this saying to us and she said our first lady of the church I grew up in used to say it and it is "Nothing beats a failure but a try". I didn't really pay attention to it as a kid but it makes sense. You are stronger than doubt. So whatever you are aiming to do don't let your own self doubt keep you tricked inside a box in the corner. We are strong in Christ and God desires for us to flourish. Psalms 84:11
2) I Cant so Ill just Give Up
I'm definitely guilty of this one. What comes to mind is a person standing looking at something they desire and just cant seem to get to it. I say something you desire because sometimes its not always a dream we are after. You may want to reach out to have a better relationship with someone you lost touch with in the past or you may be trying to get to a place of forgiveness. As you stand on one side looking at what you desire, you notice there's a hole in the middle of where you need to get to. You think I cant get over the hole so ill just stay here or what if i jump and fall in so ill just stay here. Well I believe you can also get a running start and find that you can leap over the hole and then you're just that much closer to where you need to be. Saying I cant leads to no action. Believe that you can. The key word is believe. The more you believe you can the better your chances are. Matthew 21: 22
3) Lack of Clarity due to Comparison
I believe at times we find ourselves confused on what we are praying and believing God for in relation to our desires and needs in life because we're looking at other folks and their blessings and lifestyles and such. Confusion Confusion Confusion. I urge you to listen to your heart and get a clear understanding on what you need and desire for your life and let that be specific to what's best for you, your family, and circumstances. Don't pay attention to the way others are blessed and how they receive. Your life and what God has for you wont necessarily mirror anyone else's life. When you compare you are unclear and not completely focused on YOU. I don't know about you but that's frustrating and that frustration can cause you to quit trying to move forward and hinder your prayer life which affects your relationship with God and hearing from him. Proverbs 28:18
4)Forgiveness is Freedom
There's a song we sang at my old church (shout out to New "J") that says "No more shackles, no more chains, no more bondage I am FREE". Un forgiveness holds you back. That is self forgiveness and forgiveness of others. You may have tried something and failed, stop beating yourself up. Perhaps, you reached out to someone in hopes of changing the tense relationship that exists but they dropped the ball. Well guess what, when you don't forgive you've dropped the ball also. Let go of the bad so you can move forward with a clear mind and heart and positivity. Un Forgiveness gets in the way of happiness and peace. Ephesians 4:31-32 2 Peter 1:9
5)Surround Yourself with Positivity
Your surroundings and the company you keep can most certainly get in your way. Negativity begets negativity. Keep the company of those that are peaceful, confident, uplifting and of good courage. Its nice to be around others that are on a path to finding their purpose. Encouragement is a must in life because the cares of life and our regular days journey does enough to tear you down. Most of the times we find that even our own homes or places of employment are a breeding ground of misery, dismay and frowns. Find a place that works for you whether its a library, coffee shop, or a park bench on a nice day. I pray that you have friends, family, relatives, a church family or even co workers that you can draw positive energy from. If you live in a place where there is no light, remember you are a light. Don't cease praying and covering your surroundings because God is able in all areas of our lives. You cant always escape an unhealthy surrounding but I pray you know the joy of the lord is your strength and God is always with you.
Psalms 146: 5-6
Be encouraged!
Comments
Post a Comment